Competitions can be a way of improving your photography by listening to the judge's comments and suggestions about your and other members images. (But remember it is one person's opinion and you may not always agree!) Competitions are not for everyone and you do not have to enter competitions if you prefer not to, though most members enjoy watching club competition evenings whether they have entered or not.
Internal club competitions (5 print, 1 DPI)
Members can enter a maximum of 4
images for the club competitions. For full rules click
Titles and dates are:
- 19th October 2018 Sports/Pastimes (Hand-in 5th Oct)
- 7th December 2018 Catching the Light (Hand-in 16th Nov)
- 1st February 2019 Food (Hand-in 18th Jan)
- 15th March 2019 Huts/Sheds/Barns (Hand-in 1st March)
- 3rd May 2019 Seasons DPI only (Judged by members)*
- 17th May 2019 Annual Open (Hand-in 3rd May)
* The 'Seasons' competition is a stand-alone internal competition that will be judged on the night by club members. Each entrant is to provide four images that represent each of the seasons, (four images in total). Images to be submitted to Keith Sharples on 5th April
on a USB memory device. N.B. This competition is DPI only.
External inter-club Battles
- 20th March 2019 Battle with Ross (At Ross)
For those of you who like to be really organised these are the club competitions for the 2019/2020 season:
Bi-monthly Online digital image competition
- Open Print
- Scapes Print
- Open Digital
- People Print
- Annual Open Print
Members are invited to submit digital photographs online for the bi-monthly digital competition.
They will be judged and viewed on line.
The object of this competition is to encourage members to:
Enter a competition on-line, without having to print and frame your work. Have fun with your photography and be challenged to meet a theme.
March 2019 - Three
May 2019 - A Splash of Red
July 2019 - Shadows and Silhouettes
No more than two
images per theme/month. All entries in JPEG Format and re-sized to 1400 x 1050 Pixels. All entries to be given a title which will also be the file name after resizing the image. The relevant title, the photographer's name and membership number should always appear in the file name.
Please rename your file with underscore for spaces and please include your name. (so we know who it is from)
will show as My Photo by Joe Bloggs 65
After following the notes, Please upload your image(s) to the link below.
How to Upload Guide
A Splash of Red upload